Twitter Unfollows ~ Twitter Glitch Devil Back?

UPDATE: - Twitter this week seems to be doing another behind the scenes platform upgrade. Many folks (including us) have been struggling that our Twitter tech is not operating smoothly. ALSO - The Twitter Glitch Devil where Twitter unfollows people for you and you do not unfollow them usually happens when Twitter is doing platform upgrades and changes.
* * *

THE BAD NEWS ~ TWITTER GLITCH DEVIL ALERT ~  When I am in TweetDeck I have several column lists ~ three times this week I have seen in various of those columns people tweet that Twitter is once again unfollowing people on its very own. That is to say people are not unfollowing people, Twitter is unfollowing people for them.

OK, the last run time of this particular TWITTER GLITCH DEVIL that Twitter had, it helped to put major dents, rifts, and great trouble into 'interpersonal skills' including my own.  I am blessed to be following several thousand people and blessed by having several thousand people following me back. (I believe myself to be a 100% follow back person by technical measurement.)

I follow less than a handful of celebrities. I do follow the Green Bay Packers players. I follow some of  their wives and girlfriends (families).  I follow some of the media, particularly the Packers sports media. MOST of these do not follow me back. Being part of the Packers fans, participating with them in social media and interacting was my primary interest for having come to Twitter to begin with.  I readily admit that I also have vast other interests that Twitter has allowed me to also explore.

THE POINT IS ~  by my Twitter account following over 2000 people, I fall into the additional twitter following limits. (I have the Twitter links and their verbiage listed below.)  Currently to the best of my ability to gauge, I cannot follow much over 150 people who do not also follow me back. Those approximately 150 people were just described to you in the paragraph preceding this one.

Otherwise I get a message from twitter that I have exceeded my follow limits and am not allowed to follow people back who have already followed me.

TO MAINTAIN FOLLOW BALANCE ~ Approximately every 10-20 days I use Tweepi  to unfollow people who are listed there as not following me back.  I can safely say that 98% of the time, I do not unfollow unless someone has unfollowed me.  Tweepi has FREE basic service and also has extended features you can upgrade to for a fee/price.

THE PROBLEM ~ When this Twitter unfollowing people by itself happens (TWITTER GLITCH DEVIL shows up) ~  I am going to end up unfollowing people who actually didn't unfollow me (TWITTER DID IT FOR THEM) and it has/does/will cause hard feelings.

COMMUNICATION ~  If it appears I have unfollowed you and you want to know what is up, feel free to ask me, please and thank you.

HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS ~  If you have been waiting for your opportunity to really unfollow me, the TWITTER GLITCH DEVIL is plenty good enough excuse to do so.

IT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK OUT, BUT PLEASE LET'S TRY TO BE KIND OUT THERE IN TWITTERVERSE!

SOURCE:

 Part of Twitter Following Rules & Best Practices includes this statement

"Additional limits if you are following 2000 or more people:
The rules about aggressive following and follow churn still apply. In addition, every user can follow 2000 people total. Once you’ve followed 2000 users, there are limits to the number of additional users you can follow: this limit is different for every user and is based on your ratio of followers to following. When you hit this limit, we’ll tell you by showing an error message in your browser. You’ll need to wait until you have more followers in order to follow more users—basically, you can't follow 10,000 people if only 100 people follow you. When you reach a daily or total limit and we show you an error message, you've hit a technical limit imposed to limit egregious behavior by spam accounts and to prevent strain on the site. These are just the technical limits for your account; in addition, you are prohibited from aggressive following behaviors. These behaviors may result in account suspension, regardless of your account's technical ratio.
Limits improve site performance by ensuring that when we send a person's message to all of their followers, the sending of that message is meaningful. Follow limits cannot be lifted by Twitter, and everyone is subject to them, including verified and developer accounts. Based on current behavior in the Twitter community, we've concluded that this is both fair and reasonable."

I'm  @grammakaye on twitter. All are welcome to comment.  If you Twitter and would like me to find you, please include your Twitter ID (handle) with your comment.

Comments

  1. Great post Kaye! I didn't know about some of this and it sure helps! Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Lori ~ my comment reply update is I have found approx 20 people since Friday (June 29th to this morning July 1) that I am not following that I know I was following & did not UNFOLLOW ~ TWITTER DID IT! :(
      * * *
      Now I do have some #oldladyitis thinkin' I have followed folks when I actually haven't that does happen & only confuses this situation at times. HOWEVER all of these 20 folks I have found in the past couple days. I pretty much KNOW I was following.
      * * *
      It's a mess, especially for a g-ma like me who takes her twitter & tweeps pretty seriously as in caring about people. It's a mess, I love the Tweeter, as per usual in all challenges, I simply keep on keepin' on but HAD to figure a way to write it up and share it! HAD TO! ~ THANK YOU SO MUCH for visiting me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twitter Says Suspended, You Tweet Too Much

Coming Through When Life Sucks

UPDATE Twitter Scams